It’s finally starting to feel like Fall here in VA and that means it’s SOUP SEASON!! What better way to celebrate that than with a Vegan Ginger Pumpkin Soup?!?
I love a good hearty soup when the weather starts to chill, but usually they are packed with heavy cream and cheeses. So when I found a basic (simple) recipe for pumpkin soup I knew I just had to try it and share.
I love how easy this is, it works with both my elimination diet as well as the 2BMindset program I’m following and it keeps me full. Not to mention, it’s super creamy (even without the cream) from the pumpkin puree.
Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Vegan Ginger Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil spray
- 1 Onion coarsely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic chopped
- 3 Cups pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger grated
- 4 Cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 Can coconut milk
- Preheat coconut oil in a pot and then saute the onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrent
- Add pumpkin, ginger and veggie stock and heat until simmering
- Simmer for 10 min.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for another 1-2 minutes until warm
- Serve and Enjoy!!