This turnip fries recipe is a delicious snack. They’re high in vitamin C and are a great option for healthy fries! I’ve been on the hunt for healthy veggie recipes since I started the 2B Mindset so when I stumbled across these I just had to try them.
What do you actually DO with turnips? Well, you CAN eat them raw – they can be grated and added to salads – but the flavor is much stronger (I’m not the biggest fan of them this way).
They can be grilled, roasted or mashed – basically most ways of cooking that are used for potatoes can also be used for turnips. The cooking dulls the flavor a little and makes it better to eat.
I loved these fries since I had been missing french fries in all their salty, oily goodness. These aren’t EXACTLY like fries, but they are a great alternative.
- 4 turnips
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel turnips and cut into steak fries, about ½ inch thick.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients until turnip fries are well coated.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip fries and bake an additional 15-20 minutes
Try these out and let me know what you think in the comments below.