My family loves stir fry, and I love that it is stock full of veggies and healthy proteins. This dish has a light flavor and is super healthy. It can work with a Keto or paleo diet as well. I loved that it only took about 20 minutes, start to finish.
I mean who has time to sit there and prep for hours at a time, not this mama. My girls are always running around and super busy, so I have to think on my feet and prep fast. While I was making the dish this evening, my 1 year old came up to me with a book, so of course I had to sit on the floor and read it to her. In between chops or stirs, she would bring me another book. Talk about juggling.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 Medium red onions, sliced in wedges
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. low sodium organic chicken broth, divided use
- 3 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced wataer chestnuts, drained
- 2 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peel deveined.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add onions, cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until onion are translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, water chestnuts, and remaining 2 Tbsp. broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes
- Add snow peas and shrimp, cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp and shimp is opaque and firm.