I love shrimp, coconut and curry, so the combination of the three in a healthy flavor packed meal is right up my ally. Also, this recipe takes less than 45 minutes start to finish, can we say SCORE?
The shrimp is cooked in an awsome coconut curry sauce and cooks super fast, so watch your temerature. I like to cook the shrimp with the onipns and peppers over high heat for about 30 seconds to really bring out the flavors.
Serve it over 1/2 cup of brown rice and chopped cilantro. I also like to squeeze some fresh lime over the whole dish to give it a little zest. If you want to add a bit of heat, add a pinch of crushed red pepper while cooking.
Total Time: 21 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 6 min.
Yield: 1 serving
¼ cup canned coconut milk
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
½ tsp. raw honey (or agave syrup) (optional)
½ tsp. curry powder
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
¼ tsp. finely chopped garlic
6 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
6 fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
1. Combine coconut milk, lime juice, honey, curry powder, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Season shrimp with pepper.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add shrimp and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds.
5. Add coconut milk mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 5 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp is opaque and firm.
6. Garnish with cilantro if desired.