The weather is starting to get chilly here in VA and that means it’s time to start enjoying some soup! This Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup with Goat Cheese is not only delicious but healthy as well.
It stays on the healthier side by using pureed cauliflower to add the creaminess and to help thicken the soup up a bit. Roasted red peppers and cauliflower are a great combo. Another thing that I like to combine with roasted red peppers is goat cheese which also further adds to the creaminess of the soup.
This recipe is perfect for a lunch or dinner with the 2B Mindset meal plan I’m following, just make sure you add some protein for dinner and an FFC if you are using it as a lunch option. The goat cheese is a great accessory to make sure to add that to your tracker.
This dish makes 4 Servings at about a cup per serving.
- 4 Red bell pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 Small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Teaspoon thyme, chopped
- A Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 Cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 Ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down, broil until the skins are blackened, about 10 minutes, place in a sealable container and let ‘steam’ for 20 minutes before pinching the skins off and dicing.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower in the oil, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes, mixing once in the middle.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the roasted red peppers, cauliflower, broth, paprika, and goat cheese and simmer for 10 minutes before pureeing to the desired consistency with a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with goat cheese.
Slow Cooker Option
- Implement steps 1 & 2, optionally implement steps 3 & 4 (steps 3&4 will cook in the slow cooker but cooking beforehand adds a little more flavor)
- Place everything except the cheese in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-10 hours or high for 2-4 hours
- Once cooked pureeing and mix in the cheese while the soup is still hot so that it melts.
What do you think of this Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup with Goat Cheese recipe?!? Let me know when you try it out!