I just finished 8 weeks of PiYo. Here is my honest review of the program including what is included and my results.
First off here is a quick video explaining exaclty what PiYo is all about.
What’s the Low Down on PiYo?
Chalene Johnson took the best Pilates and Yoga-inspired moves and cranked up the speed to give you full throttle cardio, strength, and flexibility training—all at once. PiYo packs it ALL into each workout so you can build lean muscle mass—as you’re burning crazy calories.
Now you can carve every inch of your body.
How? You’ll use your body weight to perform a series of continuous targeted moves, to burn fat as you redefine every single muscle. No weights. No jumps. Just hardcore results.
Who is This Workout For?
PiYo is really designed for anyone that wants to improve their
No matter who you are, you could be a professional athlete or someone looking to drop 100 pounds, PiYo will get you there. I will say, that because it is a low-impact workout, it is especially good for people that are getting older in age and still want to look amazing, but don’t want to risk injury or damaging their joints.
Weather you are just getting started on your fitness journey, or you are an athlete, you can always improve, so this workout is really for all types.
- Align: The Fundamentals (40 min.): This workout breaks down the most important and effective moves in the program to help you perfect your form and get the best results possible.
- Define: Lower Body (25 min.): Get your sleekest and leanest legs ever as you lengthen and strengthen your entire lower body—from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
- Define: Upper Body (35 min.): Use this incredibly effective workout to start chiseling away at your upper body to help shape your arms, carve out your triceps, and define sexy shoulders.
- Sweat (35 min.): A traditional PiYo workout that incorporates effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio yoga-flows, and bodyweight resistance strength training to help sculpt your entire body.
- Core (30 min.): This ab-centric workout hits your powerhouse from every angle to build a strong core, flat, sculpted abs and obliques, as well as a strong and sexy back.
- Strength Intervals (25 min.): Twenty-five minutes is all you need of this nonstop body carving, calorie-incinerating workout that uses no weights, no equipment, and gives you no bulk!
- Drench (45 min.): This endurance workout maximizes fat burning while it works every muscle in your body. It will not only leave you drenched—it will kick-start your metabolism as you scorch away the fat.
- Sculpt (30 min.): This workout uses varying tempos to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. This generates muscular endurance and metabolic changes that will totally transform your figure.
- Buns (30 min.): Focused on the glutes, this workout is designed to life, redefine, and tighten the entire backside of your body for the perfect tight and round butt.
- Hardcore on the Floor (30 min.): Chalene developed this targested 30- minute workout to specifically tighten and strengthen every muscle throughout your core.
The Delux Workouts
- Full Body Blast (30 min.): A total body workout that uses the Beachbody Strength Slides (or I used paper plates) to push your fat buring potential into overdrive.
- Strong Legs (30min.): Use the Beachbody Sliders to lunge, squat, and stretch your way to amazing quads, glutes, and hamstrings for your strongest, leanest, and most defined legs ever.
The Get Lean- Meal Plan
A simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle and your taste buds! Learn how to eat a variety of delicious, nutritious foods that keep you properly fueled, satiated, and nourished—and help you define your best body
Your Challenge Pack includes:
- All 10 workouts
- A bag of Shakeology
- Get Lean Eating Plan
- 60 Day Calendar
- Shaker Cup
- Quick Start Guide
- Measureing Tape
- 24/7 Support
- Access to my exclusive Challenge Groups
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
Try this program with the PiYo 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your results within 60 days, simply call Customer Service for a Return Authorization number to return the program for a full refund of the purchase price, less s&h—no questions asked.
The All Access Pass
The All Access Challenge Pack is on sale right now for $160. Which includes your All Access Pass to every Beachbody program including meal plans plus Shakeology. I drink shakeology everyday as a meal or snack. My favorite flavors are the Vegan chocolate and Greenberry. Learn more about Shakeology here.
I only completed one round (60 Days) of PiYo. I followed the calendar but mixed in the Full Body Blast and Strong Legs on days where it made sense. For instance I would swap Sculpt for Full Body Blast, and Buns for Strong Legs. Not every time, but sometimes just to mix things up a little.
I tried to stick to the meal plan as close as possible, but we all have our off days. I definatly had my cheat meals and lost track a week in the middle, but over all I stick to my 90/10 eating plan and used the Get Lean Meal Plan as a guide.
What is amazing to me is that I only lost about 4lbs during the 8 weeks, but as the pictures show I lost INCHES from all over my body.
I am also more flexible than I was before. When I first started PiYo my back was super sore and I was having trouble walking normally. However, after just a few weeks my back was much better and I was actually able to bind a few of the stretches. As you can see my ribs are much more defined and my booty got lifted up. I mean who doesn’t want a lifted booty? Right!?!
Pros of PiYo
- Low impact: I loved that this program was low impact. I started this program when my back and hip was bothering me. Q. was 7 months old so I was carrying her around constantly and it effected my back.
- Stretching: You really are getting a great stretch during each workout.
- You don’t need Equipment: The whole program is done with just your body weight
- You are building Lean Muscles: You are not bulking up with any of these workouts so you will look tone and lean
- Each workout Flows: You are never in one position for too long. So, unlike yoga, where you hold position, you are constantly moving. This makes your heart rate raise and stay up throughou the whole workout.
- Music: I loved the music for each workout. They are upbeat and fun.
Cons of PiYo
- Shorter workouts: Some of the workouts are on the shorter side 18-20 minutes. I like to keep my heart rate up for an extended period of time and 18 minutes just isn’t enough.
- Repeated Moves: Since there are only so many yoga and pilates exercises that can build muscles and burn calories, y ou are repeating a lot of the same moves throughout every wokrout. It’s great to start with, but I got bored by the end. I wanted some new moves.
What are my Buying Options?
- All Access Pass: This is the best deal right now. For only $160 you get access to not only PiYo but ALL of the programs that Beachbody has to offer for a FULL YEAR! Learn more about the All Access Pass HERE
- Challenge Pack: The challenge pack comes with everything listed above for $160. Order your Challenge pack Here.
- Base Kit: In the base kit you will get… all for$59.85 Order yor Base Kit Here
- 9 workouts
- Quick Start guide
- 60 Day Calendar
- Get Lean Eating PLan
- Measureing Tape
- PiYo Kickstarter Challenge Pack: For $205 you will recieve everything in the challenge pack, PLUS a 3 Day Refresh kit to kick start your weight loss. Order your Kickstarter pack here.