This recipe is so delicious. I love how the refried beans make the dish creamy and take the place of ricotta cheese. The corn totillas are so much healthier for you than lasagna noodles, and it helps that you can eat 1/6th of the dish for just one serving!! Talk about a lot of food!
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Orage pepper, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- Taco Seasoning (follow recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Jack Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Fat Free Refried Beans
- 2 Small cans of Diced Chilies
- Coconut Oil spray
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat coconut oil spray in a large skillet and add the diced peppers and onion. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Spray more coconut oil and add your ground turkey. Brown it until almost done.
- Add chilies and finish cooking
- Add in the onion and peper mixture as well as the taco seasoning.
- Add 1/4 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes
- Spray bottom of a 9×13 glass dish and line the bottom with 6 corn tortillas
- Optional: Heat up your refriend beans, this will make them slightly easier to spread.
- Spread 1 Red container of refried beans on the tortillas
- Add 1/2 the meat sauce ontop of the beans.
- Repeat with 6 more tortillas, beans, and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the lasanga.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is hot, bubbly, and the whole thing is cooked through.
Makes 6 servings: 1 RED, 1 YELLOW, 1/2 GREEN, 1 BLUE