This Mediterranean Turkey Burger packed full of flavor and even my toddler loves them. They are super quick and easy to make. I like to make them during my weekly meal prep and then just eat them throughout the week.
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 6 servings
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided use
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- 1½ lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, thinly slice half, finely chop half, divided use
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, squeeze out liquid using a kitchen towel, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cooked medium beet, sliced thin
- ¼ medium cucumber, sliced thin
1. To make yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, and dill in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
2. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
3. Combine turkey, chopped onion, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, cheese, remaining 1 clove garlic, oregano, bread crumbs, and egg in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well with clean hands. Form turkey mixture evenly into six patties.
4. Grill or broil patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
5. Serve patties topped evenly with yogurt sauce, onion slices, beet, and cucumber.
21 Day fix Containter Count: 1/2Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Blue