I made these Flourless Brownies during my first Refeed Day while doing 80 Day Obsession. I ate them as my “dirty yellows” and froze the ones that I didn’t use so that I could eat them over the next couple Refeed Days.
These were absolutely delicious, and even the hubby (who is a chocolate snob) and the girls loved them.
I would recommend eating a few and then freezing the rest so that you aren’t tempted to eat the whole thing in one sitting (everything in moderation right?!?)
They freeze really well and all you have to do to unfreeze is pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, and Enjoy 🙂
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans. Rinsed and drained.
- 1/4 cup of butter (or extra virgin coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
- Cut into squares.
- Enjoy and freeze the ones your aren’t going to eat right away.