Looking for something a little different for dinner this week? We tried out this coconut curry chicken and I have to say, it is one of our new favorites with the Moreland Clan! I personally LOVE coconut so this chicken was totally right up my ally!! We served it with steamed rice and some green beans for a yummy weeknight meal.
I love that it is Gluten-Free and fits right into my Elimination Diet. If you serve it over Cauliflower Rice it would right right in with 2B Mindet Plate it dinner, or over right for lunch.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can (14 oz) organic coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5 oz) organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) organic tomato sauce- I use the Grandma’s Sauce from Fixate
- 3 tbsp sugar (or Agave syrup if avoiding sugar)
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken chunks and toss lightly to coat with the oil mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into pan and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.
From All Recipes. Serves 6.