Summer is officially upon us and I don’t know about where you are but it is HOT here is Virginia. As a family we have been outside almost every day and really love going to BBQs, pool parties, and the beach.
Did you notice a common theme?!? PARTIES. And I don’t know a but you, but I was raised to never come empty handed to someone’s house. And most of the time, these parties are full of food that is high in calorie and low in nutrients.
That’s why I love this Clean Eating Coleslaw dish. It’s quick and easy to make, and I can totally make it ahead of time so I’m not scrambling at the last minute.
It’s way healthier than classic creamy coleslaw, and I promise it’s just as delicious! Can you guess what the special ingredient is?!?
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
- ⅓ scallions, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, scallions and carrots.
- In a smaller bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, yogurt and mustard.
- Toss dressing over cabbage mixture and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.