This recipe is a simple Buffalo Turkey Zucchini Boat recipe that only calls for 4 ingredients. Hollowed out zucchini squash is stuffed with cooked ground turkey mixed with buffalo wing sauce; topped with cheese; and baked.
It’s a great recipe to use up all that summer zucchini! And I especially love it because it’s perfect for my 2B Mindset lunch and dinner meals. (For lunch just add an FFC on the side)
- 4 zucchini (I prefer medium/large ones so I can get more stuffing in there)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil spray (any spray will do but I prefer coconut oil)
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the turkey and break it apart while cooking. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in buffalo wing sauce.
- As the turkey cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon (I’ve found a grapefruit spoon works perfectly) to scoop out the seeds and center of each zucchini half. Leave about 1/4 inch think zucchini boat. Place the zucchini boats in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.