The typical basket of buffalo wings in a restaurant has an incredible amount of calories — and that’s before you drown them in creamy blue cheese sauce. But these vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Bites will have even the most ardent meat-lovers craving more!
I’ve smothered baked cauliflower florets in a much healthier version of buffalo sauce that has the same tangy, spicy flavor and paired it with a two-ingredient blue cheese sauce.
Grab a plateful of these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites before everyone else eats them up!
- ½ cup low-fat (1%) plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, gluten-free (preferably GMO free)
- 2 tsp. ground chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine yogurt and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray.
- Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Coat cauliflower lightly with spray. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch in medium saucepan; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; whisk to blend.
- Heat hot sauce mixture over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over baked cauliflower (on baking sheet); mix well.
- Return cauliflower to oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce.