It’s been chilly here in Virginia for a couple days and it’s gotten me thinking about Fall. I love nothing more that a yummy soup in the fall, and this Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup is no exception. It’s super simple to make and basically cooks itself in the slow cooker. What could be better?!?
It’s not only packed full of veggies, but the greek yogurt gives it some protein and a rich creamy smoothness. This recipe is perfect for a 2B Mindset lunch and dinner, or a Green, Red, and Blue in Portion Control Containers.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Kosher salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup milk, I used 1% milk
- 6 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce and vegetable or chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together then cover with the lid and set to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Use an immersion stick blender or regular blender to purée the soup until it’s smooth.
- Add in the milk and cheese and blend until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Blend in the Greek yogurt until combined and the soup is smooth.
- Taste for seasoning then serve.