At the end of the week, I am usually left with a hodgepodge of extra veggies at the end of the week. Making a weeknight stir-fry is an excellent way to make good use of those orphans. This healthy Beef and Broccoli with Red Bell Pepper stir-fry gets its vibrant color and a boost of vitamin C from red bell peppers and rich flavor from a ginger soy glaze.
This versatile beef and broccoli recipe tastes phenomenal with bell peppers, garlic, and fresh ginger. Bok choy, asparagus tips, and crisp water chestnuts would all work well in this dish.
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp. water, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch, divided use
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 lb. raw top sirloin beef, trimmed of fat and sliced into ½-inch thick pieces
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- Combine soy sauce, 4 Tbsp. water, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl; mix well. Add beef. Toss gently to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Place broccoli mixture in beef bowl.
- Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, or until thickened.
- Return beef and broccoli mixture to skillet; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.