Thats right, I said it, Bacon Cheeseburger. This one pan dish is so good and easy to make. It tastes just like a bacon cheeseburger but it is lightened up and healthy for you!
My husband and R. absolutely love it and I can eat it too since it is on my portion control menu. Definatly crisp the Turkey bacon before browning the meat so that you get the crispy bits in each bite.
Serve it in a whole wheat pita or on top of lettuce, either way its fantastic.
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 4 slices low sodium turkey bacon
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 3/4-1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a 12″ pan, cook turkey bacon until crisp, remove from pan, and then dice into small pieces
- Brown beef making sure you break it up as it browns
- Once the beef is browned add the rest of the ingredients and mix together
- Cover and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, stir occasionally or it might burn on the bottom
- Srinkle the cheese over the top and recover until the cheese is melted
- Serve in a whole wheat pita or on top of lettuce
1 1/4 Red, 1/2 Green, 1 Blue