I am always on the look out for heathly recipies to mix up our weekly menus. When I stumbled across these turkey meatballs I just knew I had to try them out. They are actually from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan which I was able to access from my All Access Pass to Body on Demand.
These were SUPER simple to throw together and makes about 30 if you stick to the recipe. I made a few eatra since I knew my family would want some as well as have extra for the next few days.
These also freeze really well, so you can make one batch and use them over a few week. Just place them 5 meatballs in a resealable bag and freeze for future meals. When you are ready to use them, just defrost in the refridgerator and then heat them in the toaster oven.
- Nonstick cooking spray (I prefer Coconut oil spray)
- 1 1/2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 12 fresh parsley springs, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet and set aside
- Combine turkey, salt, mustard, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley, and tomato sauce in a large bowl and mix well. I use my hands so I know it is well blended
- Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 RED, 1/2 YELLOW for 5 meatballs.
I served mine with steamed veggies and sprinkled some Feta Cheese on top of them. I added 2 GREEN and 1/2 BLUE for my servings.